Click here to download a “clean” .txt document of Christopher Marlowe and Thomas Nashe’s collaboration, Dido, Queen of Carthage (regular spelling).
Click Here to download a “clean” .txt document of Christopher Marlowe’s and Thomas Nashe’s collaboration, Dido, Queen of Carthage (Original spelling).
This regular-spelling edition was originally downloaded from The Folger Shakespeare Library’s Digital Anthology of Early Modern English Drama; it was edited by Meaghan Brown, Michael Poston, and Elizabeth Williams (2016).
It has undergone the following data-cleaning protocols to make it suitable for text analysis:
- IMG information deleted manually
- Extra spaces deleted manually
- Introduction formatting fixed manually
- Replaced and deleted all line numbers using the following RegEx: \bwln \b[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]
- \b = boundary
- Speaker tags removed using search and deleting manually as needed
- Multiple speakers in one line changed to single lines, speaker tags deleted (see above)
- Footnotes removed
- Further IMG information deleted using RegEx: \bimg\b
- SIG information deleted using RegEx: \sig\b
- Extraneous spaces and indents deleted manually
Data cleaning credit: Olivia Nicolazzo (Framingham State University ’24)