Click Here to download a “clean” .txt document of Christopher Marlowe’s Tamburlaine The Great Part II (Regular spelling).
Click Here to download a “clean” .txt document of Christopher Marlowe’s Tamburlaine The Great, Part II (original spelling).
This edition was originally downloaded from The Folger Shakespeare Library’s Digital Anthology of Early Modern English Drama; it was edited by Meaghan Brown, Michael Poston, and Elizabeth Williams (2016).
The file has undergone the following data cleaning protocols in order to make it suitable for text analysis:
- Line numbers, IMG and SIG information using RegEx: [a-z]+\s\d\d\d\d
- Page breaks and indents removed manually
- Speaker tags removed manually
- Spaces entered between speakers
- Beginning publishing information and ending footnotes removed
- Spaces added between words as needed
Data Cleaning Credit: Meggan Law (Framingham State University ‘24)
Tamburlaine The Great, Part II.txt